Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Red Sky at Night - April 2014

It's my last night in Trinidad, and I can't sleep worth a damn. Chigger bites itching like mad and a head full of thoughts drove me outside, where I am watching the "blood moon" lunar eclipse.

12:53am on the dot, the top of the moon took on a ruddy glow. Sitting out here on the back patio, the frogs and insects are noisy, and small insectivorous bats are hunting. I'm reflecting on my time in Trinidad, thinking of things to come, and watching the blood moon eclipse. I can’t help but think of the old sailor’s adage- “red sky at night, sailor’s delight.” I know this isn’t the kind of red sky they meant, but in the early morning hours at the end of a great adventure, it feels like a good omen.

I have more stories to tell after landing back in the States tomorrow, but for now, I just want to say thanks for reading along.

Signing off from Trinidad,

Karen 

No comments:

Post a Comment